Make sure your parcel will arrive safely.
The following advices would ensure you parcel would arrive safely:
- You may use the original packaging of the item, if it is still intact. It should provide the needed level of protection
- Before using the original packaging, make sure it is not damaged. If the packing materials are damaged, they should be fixed or replaced before transportation of the shipment
- In order to keep the content of your shipment intact you should use appropriate inner filling - soft for lighter goods and harder for heavier ones
- All sides of the parcel should be secured and enforced. The maximum possible pressure during transportation (mechanical sorting, overload, road bumps, heavy breaking, departure and landing) is almost equal to falling from 80 cm on a hard surface. Inner and outer packaging should withstand pressure equal to 4-5 times their own weight in order to protect the content of the shipment.
- The content of the shipment should not move freely in the otter packaging of shipment.
- Always, use appropriate inner packaging, as well, in order to prevent the free movement of the goods in the package.
- If your shipment contains more than one fragile item, you should consider the most fragile one and package the shipment accordingly
- In case the parcel contains a glass jar, it is mandatory to be packaged in a new, not damaged jar box, made of 5 layers corrugated board, offered by Speedy. The maximum number of jars per one parcel is one jar.
- In case the parcel contains glass bottles of wine, it is mandatory to be packaged in a new, not damaged wine box, made of 3 layers of corrugated board and styrofoam, offered by Speedy. The maximum number of bottles per one parcel is 3 bottles.
- The fragile items should not be in direct contact with the outer packaging
- Do not overfill the empty spaces in the package. The empty spaces left in the package are vital to absorb the disturbances during transportation, instead of directly transmit them to the fragile item
- No parts of the items should be sticking out. If that is the case, use a larger box or reinforce the packaging
- The outer packaging should be sealed properly and all edges should be reinforced. We recommend, using transportation foil.
It is very important that the packaging of the shipment is appropriate in order to protect its content during transportation.
- The packaging shoul allow the shipment to be mechanically transported. Before reaching the consignee, your shipment would most probably be loaded and unloaded several times and travel hundreds or even thousands of kilometers by road
- We do not accept for transportation separate items connected with tape as one. In this case, you should put all the parcels together in a big cardboard box
- Sacks, bags, plastic bags, suitcases, tubes are not an acceptable packaging. The packaging of such shipments should be reinforced and put in a rectangular cardboard box or other box with rectangular shape
- Documentation shiments with DPD ECONOMY or DPD CLASSIC should be put in cardboard enevlopes or little cardboard boxes
- Liquids may be transported only in special leak proof travel containers. The containers should be put in foil, not in cardboard envelopes or boxes. If your shipment leaks, its content may be damaged, as well as, the surrounding shipments.
18 USEFUL PACKAGING TIPS:
- The sticker Fragile and Attention are not a substitute of the reliable packaging. Their purpose is solely for information
- The appropriate packaging depends on the dimensions of the items in your shipment. If the package is too empty the items may move freely, thus damage. On the other side, if the parcel is too full, the items inside may be damaged by the pressure or even cause the parcel to burst
- Always use high-quality materials when packaging. Take into account the softness and durability, when choosing the material. You may use PET foam, bubble foil, inflated plasticbags, shredded paper, in order to fill the empty spaces in the package and prevent the free movement of the items inside.
- Use high-quality, durable 5-layer corrugated board cardboard boxes
- Use materials like shredded paper, PET foam, inflated plastic bags, shredded paper, in order to fill the empty spaces in the package and prevent the free movement of the items inside.
- The content of your shipment should not move freely in the box. All fragile items should be wrapped separately with several layers of soft material. The items should not have contact with each other. The material should be enough to fill in the empty spaces.
- Use wide, durable tape to seal the package.
- If you have stretching machine, wrap the whole parcel with stretching foil (as otter packaging)
- Put all the items at the center of the box, avoiding contact with the walls of the box. Be careful not to leave empty spaces in the box
- Put all powders, loose materials and liquids in separate plastic bags. Then seal them and put them in individual, fitting cardboard boxes.
- If you are sending presents, do not send the item in the original packaging; repackage them since many of them are sold with a packaging not suitable for transportation
- Use rectangular boxes to package bottles, maps and drawings
- Protect the surface of you CDs and DVDs by wrapping them separately in soft material
- Always use cardboard separators when sending flat, fragile items. The separators would prevent contact between the items, as well as, protect them during transportation
- You can reuse an old cardboard box, as long as, you are sure that it is in good condition, not deformed and is strong enough. Remove all old stickers from the box
- Do not use non-standard or damaged cardboard boxes
- Do not use fabric bags as a packaging
- You are criminally liable for sending forbidden or hazardous goods