General Terms and Conditions
Of Speedy JSC contract with Customers concerning receiving, transporting and delivering of courier shipments – international and within the Republic of Bulgaria.
In effect as of 15.10.2016
1. By the present General Terms and Conditions of the contract with the customers (<<Customer>>) of non-universal postal services, provided by <<Speedy>> JSC (<<Operator>>), hereinafter referred to as <<General Conditions>> or <<GC>> are arranged the conditions for providing these services and are stipulated the rights, obligations and responsibilities of each party.
2. A user of services (<<Customer>>) could be any individual, as well as, any sole proprietor or legal entity.
3. These General Terms and Conditions are an integral part of the individual contract concluded between the parties either a framework agreement or for an individual service.
4. The Customers can get acquainted with the present Terms and Conditions:
4.1. At any stationary office of the Operator, where the General Conditions are put in a conspicuous and accessible place;
4.2. To a courier of the Operator when accepting or delivering a shipment;
4.3. On the website of the Operator on the internet, address www.speedy.bg where they are published in electronic version.
5. By signing, the documents filled in and provided at the time of accepting shipments, customers agree that they are acquainted with and consent to the contents of those documents. Parties may use digital signature (normal, advanced, or qualified) in their mutual relations and both parties agree to admit its validity as a handwritten signature.
6. For all conditions not stipulated in these General Terms and Conditions, as well as the interpretation of the terms used in them, the Postal Services Act (PSA) and the legislation of Republic of Bulgaria are applied.
7. The General Conditions shall apply to international shipments, as well as, laws and provisions of the Universal Postal Union, ratified and published by the established method.
Scope and Characteristics of Services
8. The present General Terms and Conditions are in force for national and international courier services, as well as the additional services combined with them performed by the Operator throughout its postal network, which may include stationary postal offices, mobile postal offices, postal agencies or remote postal counters, herein after referred as “offices”, exchange and sorting centers and junctions, transporting and technical means
9. Throughout its current network the Operator offers the following courier services:
9.1 Express courier services for shipments over 0.5kg within the territory of Republic of Bulgaria
9.2 Economy courier services for shipments over 0.5kg within the territory of Republic of Bulgaria
9.3 International courier services for shipments over 0.5kg
9.4 Delivery of palletized shipments
10. Additional services provided by the Operator:
10.1 Insured Item – a contracted liability of the Operator in case of shipment lost, theft or damage up to the limit of the Insured Item value of the content stated by the sender. Insured Item value shall correspond to the real value of the contents of the shipment and is subject to prove the value true by documents provided by the Customer.
10.2 Return receipt (Advice of Delivery) – Notification to the sender through a document proving:
- a shipment delivery to consignee confirmed on the delivery-receipt by the signature of the person who accepted the shipment.
- that the receiver was absent from the address or the receiver refused to accept the shipment verified by the signature of the Operator on the document. The Operator delivers the Return Receipt to the sender.
10.3 Return of Documents – an accompanying document prepared and sent by the sender to the receiver together with the shipment which the Operator shall return to the sender
10.4 Cash on Delivery – delivery of a shipment against collecting from the receiver a sum of up to 10 000BGN preliminary determined by the sender.
10.5 Open before Pay – delivering a shipment under Cash on Delivery service according to which the sender specifically allows the receiver to open the shipment when delivered in the presence of the courier and to pay for the Cash on Delivery service only if the content of the shipment is accepted.
10.6 Fixed Time Delivery – delivering a shipment at a fixed time requested by the sender at the time of submitting the shipment for delivery by the Operator
10.7 Storage – storage of a shipment after expiration of the second workday since the date the receiver was informed about the arrival of the shipment in the corresponding office or from the day the shipment was returned to the office of the Operator due to circumstances beyond the control of the Operator. Storage fee is charged for each following day. The customer is being notified by Text message by phone-call or email notification.
11. All services (courier and additional) provided by the Operator are individualized by type, pricing and specific terms described in the valid Speedy JSC tariff (“Tariff”) which is an integral part of these General Terms and Conditions.
12. The Operator shall ensure equal access of all Customers to the offered services described above in Section II of the GC.
Conclusion and execution of the courier service
13. The contract for a courier is considered concluded by acceptance of the shipment from the Operator and is objectified in the prepared by the sender or on sender’s behalf waybill. The waybill is a document with a unique ID number completed in a form of the Operator by the Customer or his instructions on paper or in electronic format in the electronic system of the Operator. A copy
of the waybill in an electronic format is stored by the Operator and certifies the conclusion of the contract and the services provided thereon.
14. The data contained in the waybill shall be provided by the Customer – sender of the shipment as indication of correct address (country, town, street name, residential neighborhood, block, number, entrance, floor, phone number or others as appropriate) of the Sender and the Receiver is required. For international shipments data of Sender and Recipient shall be written in legible block Latin letters. By signing out the waybill or in the Courier's Shipments Acceptance Register, the Sender agrees to the following:
14.1. confirms the truthfulness and correctness of the declared data including the declared shipment content;
14.2 certifies the requested by himself services and agrees the terms of delivery and payment;
14.3 to provide personal data and gives consent for their processing required for performance of the contract for courier service;
14.4 takes on full responsibility for the consequences of declaring of false, incorrect or incomplete data
14.5 Gives consent for the processing of his shipment for the fulfilment of Operator’s obligations (opening and content inspection in cases provided by law and the present GC, repackaging, control weighing for determination of the chargeable/tariff weight and re-tariffing if discrepancies ascertained and the like);
15. The Operator may negotiate with a Customer yet other terms and conditions for providing courier service that are signed in separate individual contract concluded between the Parties.
16. The present Terms and Conditions are an integral part of the contract for courier service with the Customer. In conflict between the terms of the individual contract and the present GC it shall apply the agreed terms and conditions in the individual contract.
17. The courier service contract is considered fulfilled:
17.1. with delivery of the shipment certified by the signature of the recipient in the designated field on the waybill or the Courier's Delivery List Register;
17.2. By return and Sender’s acceptance of an undelivered shipment certified by his signature in the waybill or in the Courier's Delivery List Register;
17.3. By destruction of the shipment in accordance with the provisions of article 39 under the present GC.
18. Upon conclusion of the contract for courier service the Customer grants the Operator own and of the recipient personal information – full name, exact address, telephone number. By singing the waybill or Courier's Shipments Acceptance or Delivery List Registers the Customer gives his consent to the Operator to use and process those personal data in order to perform the courier service. The Operator, in its capacity as personal data administrator is obligated to comply with the regulations of the Law for Protection of Personal Data when processing and using Customer’s personal data. Upon refusal of the Customer to provide personal data necessary for service fulfillment, Operator shall not accept shipment for delivery.
19. In order to improve and ensure the quality of the services, the telephone calls conducted between Operator and Customers can be recorded.
Service Quality and Efficacy Requirements
20. The Operator ensures efficacy in providing of the non-universal postal services in accordance with developed norms for optimal balance between quality, reliability, price and speed of collection, handling, transportation and delivery of shipments as well as conduct of claim procedures:
20.1. Pick-up/collection time, as of the moment the pick-up was requested within the work day, the hour frame is determined by the location of the settlement and the presence of a Operator’s stationary office in it under art. 25 of the present GC.
20.2 Shipments Delivery Times - defined by service types and destinations and respected by the Operator provided that data specified in the waybill by the Sender (name, address and telephone number to contact the recipient) are complete and accurate. The delivery times are exhaustively listed in Appendix 1 (Times for Delivery), which forms an integral part of these GC.
20.3 Times for processing claims and paying recoveries are determined under the conditions of a free and simplified procedure according to Section XI of these GC.
21. The Operator ensures the quality of the performed non-universal postal services by:
21.1. Taking all the necessary measures in order to keep the secrecy of postal correspondence;
21.2 Having no right to open postal matter, to deliver to unauthorized parties under the present GC nor to disclose their content, except with the permit of the sender or recipient or in a reasonable suspicion that the shipment contains prohibited for carriage objects or substances, and by order of the competent bodies in the manner provided by law;
21.3. Having no right to reveal information about the postal traffic between individuals nor to provide information for the movement of individual postal matter except with the permit of the sender or recipient or in a reasonable suspicion that the shipment contains prohibited for carriage objects or substances, and by order of the competent bodies in the manner provided by law;
21.4. Having no right to dispose of postal matter or their content contrary to the present GC except with the permission of the sender or recipient or by order of the competent bodies in the manner provided by law;
21.5. Having no right to illegally dispose Customer’s personal data information contrary to the Law for Protection of Personal Data and the present GC;
21.6. Taking the necessary measures to guard and protect the shipments, as well as not allowing the acceptance, transport and delivery of forbidden objects and substances throughout its postal network;
21.7. Cooperating in good faith to prevent and reveal violations and crimes against Customers through its postal network.
22. The Operator ensures reliability in performing non-universal services as following:
22.1. To supplies Customers with detailed instructions for safety shipments packaging in accordance with the security requirements and the normal technological risk in shipment handling and transporting;
22.2. To use barcodes and scanning devices to minimize the errors and omissions in shipment handling as well as for postal traffic tracking;
22.3. Provides continuous free information access to Customers for real-time tracking of the movement of their shipments
Conditions of acceptance and delivering domestic and international shipments
23. Courier shipments are accepted and delivered to the addresses specified in the waybill by the Customer - sender or recipient - as well as at/to the stationary offices of the Operator throughout the country within the specified by the Operator working hours.
24. The Operator’s work time shall be disclosed in a prominent and accessible place in each and every stationary office of the Operator, as well as on the webpage of the Operator at: www.speed.bg.
25. Upon shipment acceptance:
25.1 The time limits for accepting pick-up requests at an address specified by Customer may vary depending on the location of the settlement and the presence of an Operator’s stationary office in it. For the respective day the visits to the settlements are done by schedules available on the webpage of the Operator at: www.speedy.bg. Information is also available at telephone # 0 7001 7001 as well as in every office of the Operator.
25.2 For settlements having stationary offices of the Operator, a courier visits the Customer – sender - till 120 minutes after the pick-up request was accepted, and for palletized shipments till 180 minutes after the pick-up request was accepted.
25.3. Customer is resposible the shipment to be ready for pick-up at the time of the visit by the courier. Otherwise courier will wait at the address for 10 minutes at most. After that time Customer must place a new pic-up request /collection order and wait for next visit by courier within the described timeframes.
25.4. Acceptance and delivery of palletized shipments is performed from ramp to ramp and organization of loading and unloading operations is Customer's obligation.
26. Operator sets mandatory requirements concerning the shape, minimum and maximum dimensions and tariff/chargeable weight of the shipments
26.1. For domestic shipments transported within the territory of Republic of Bulgaria: maximum weight of a package – 50 kgs; maximum length per package – 3 m without prior coordination with Operator, and 6 m after prior coordination with Operator at telephone number 0 7001 7001;
26.2 For international shipment under DPD ECONOMY service: minimum dimensions – 22.9 cm x 16.2 cm, maximum length (the longest side of the shipment) – up to 175 cm, maximum size in cm: length and girth - the sum total of the length + the doubled sum of height and the width must not exceed 300 cm. Shipments under the service DPD Economy may compound of one package only. The maximum weight of package is limited up to 31.5 kgs.
26.3 For international shipment under AIR EXPRESS service: minimum dimensions – 22.9 cm x 16.2 cm, maximum length (the longest length of the shipment) – up to 150 cm, maximum dimensions in cm: length and girth - the total sum of the length + the doubled sum of height and the width must not exceed 300 cm. The maximum weight of a package is limited up to 20 kg. For parcels heavier than 20 kg – prior coordination with Operator is required at telephone # 0 7001 7001.
27. All packages are control weighed and measured in the warehouses of the Operator. If a difference is ascertained between the declared weight and measures, the Operator shall perform a re-calculation of the shipment courier price and the Customer shall be indebted a service price that corresponds to the actual established chargeable/tariff weight of the shipment according to the current Operator’s Tariff.
28. The packaging, both external and internal (insulation, Styrofoam, bubble wrap, etc.) as well as the box-closing method, must be in conformity with the volume, weight and content of the parcels so to ensure their suitability to transport, to ensure parcel protection against damages as well as to prevent causing damages on other parcels transported by the Operator. It is Customer’s liability and responsibility to provide for an appropriate and reliable packaging, and closing the parcel and is on its expenses nevertheless the Customer shall prefer a company packaging by the Operator or an own one. The Operator will not accept parcels in an inappropriate packaging that may compromise the parcel contents or the integrity of other parcels transported by the Operator. If a shipment is accepted for transportation, it is considered to be correctly packaged. If Operator finds inappropriate packaging, the shipment can be accepted and transported only if Customer explicitly gives written consent. Operator’s directions on shipment packaging rules are provided in Appendix 2 (Packaging Rules) that is an integral part of present GC.
29. Documentary consignments shipped under international service must be packed up by the sender in a cardboard envelope. Individual packages conjoined together by duct/packaging tape must be placed in a larger and strong enough cardboard or carton box by the sender.
30. Operator offers packaging of different types - degradable polyethylene pouches size A2, A3, A4 and C5, cardboard envelopes for documents, cardboard boxes of different types, transport wine boxes, stretch foil and bubble foil. The above listed packaging materials are provided to Customer only by its explicit request and after payment of the corresponding price quoted in the Operator's Tariff.
31. In fulfilment of international courier services:
31.1 Operator shall act as an authorized representative of the sender whenever it is necessary to present the shipment for Customs control; and as a representative of recipient whenever it is necessary to present the shipments to a Customs broker who or which shall perform Customs procedures or clearance; or to notify the Customs broker of recipient;
31.2. For the Republic of Macedonia, shipments under Customs control shall be delivered only to Customs broker depot chosen by the Operator. After Customs clearance done by Customer – recipient or its representative Operator makes the delivery to the recipient’s address without additional charge;
31.3. Shipments with Customs value over 30BGN (for non-EU countries) are subject to customs processing; and Customs authorities have the right to assess or change the declared customs value;
31.4. All documents required in the sender’s and in receiver’s countries should be completed by the sender and attached to the shipment.
32. Operator shall reserve the right to organize and carry out at its discretion and under the circumstance of operations independency the acceptance, handling, processing, redirection, transportation and delivery of the shipments, using routes, transport vehicles, exchange centers or sub-contractors, as it assesses advisable and as far as this does not entail payment of additional charges by the Customer or violation of terms of the contract between the parties.
33. Shipments shall be delivered to recipient’s address or to a Speedy office indicated by the sender. Shipments addressed to post box shall not be delivered.
34. Shipments shall be delivered to the person indicated as receiver, to its parent or a legal guardian, if underage, or to a person authorized by the recipient or by its legal representative. Upon delivery courier shipments shall be delivered to the person under the preceding sentence personally or in his absence from the address to a person who has assume the obligation to the Operator to hand in the package to the recipient (e.g. family member, other person who at the delivery time is at the delivery address, concierge, guard, record keeping desk at the recipient's address in a residential or office building and the like). This condition shall be marked upon shipment delivery including it shall be registered in the online system of the Operator and is apparent to sender. A person other than recipient may receive a shipment against presentation of ID card and his full name shall be entered in the official documents of the Operator.
35. In the case recipient refuses a shipment, it shall certify this fact by indicating it in the way-bill and by signing down. If the recipient refuses to do so, the receipt refusal shall be certified by the courier who makes the delivery.
36. When Operator cannot deliver a shipment because the recipient refuses to receive it or pay it, the recipient is absent prolonged, or recipient is unknown at the indicated address, recipient died, or address is incorrect, incomplete or unexciting as well as due to other objective reasons then Operator shall notify sender and return the shipment back to him at sender’s expenses. The shipment shall be returned in 14 days after notifying and sender shall be liable to pay the service prices in both directions. Operator shall not be liable if sender refuses to accept the shipment back and to pay for the service, as well as in failure of shipment delivery due to reasons set out above in this article.
37. Rerouting of a shipment to a new address is done after receiving of written order by Customer (sender or receiver) and it is considered as requested new service and is subject to separate payment. For the separate payment Customer is informed in advance and by his written order he gives his consent both for rerouting of shipment as well as for the additional payment.
38. Unclaimed or undelivered parcels within the terms and conditions set in article 36 of present General Terms and Conditions shall be stored for further 14 days more after which they become property of the Operator. The Operator in the capacity of owner is entitled to destroy the shipment or sell it.
39. Destruction of shipments is objectified by drawing up a record by a committee composed of three Operator’s employees as follows:
39.1 Documentary shipments are cut manually up or by a special machine - paper shredder;
39.2 Shipments containing parcels that could be sold are being auctioned and the revenues, after deducting the sales costs, belong to the Operator
39.3 Items that were not sold on the auction according to p.39.2 will be destroyed
Prices and Payment Methods
40. The Operator forms pricings for non-universal postal services in accordance to their supply and demand, while also submits them to the Communications Regulation Commission 10 days before their coming into power. All prices of the offered services are described in the Pricing List of the Operator for national and international courier services, which are made available to Customers through:
40.1. published online at www.speedy.bg
40.2. placed at an accessible and visible spot in every office of the Operator.
40.3. when requested by an Customer in both online and physical format.
41. If any changes were made in the offered prices the Operator must inform the Communications Regulation Commission 10 days before introducing the new pricing and publish it on their website.
42.The tariff of the Operator is valid at the moment of the pricing of each courier service (additional services included).
43. Fuel Surcharge is added to the prices listed in the Tariff of the Operator list (not added to additional services). Fuel Surcharge is kept up to date monthly. It is determined at the beginning of each month based on the retail price of diesel fuel during the last day of the last month. The actual size of the Fuel Surcharge is announced and available at the webpage of the Operator at www.Speedy.bg.
44. The price of the courier services (including additional services) is paid for by the Customer, either in cash or through a bank transfer, as follows:
44.1. by Sender at the time of sending the parcel, Sender is charged;
44.2. by Receiver at the time of receiving the parcel, if Receiver is charged;
44.3 By a third party before the parcel is delivered;
45. When an individual contract is in power the conditions for payment, pricing, dates and others can be negotiated between the parties. The prices in a contract cannot be higher than the ones stated in the Tariff of the Operator.
46. Parcels which are voluminous and light are priced based on voluminous kilograms as: 1 cubic meter = 166kg. Parcels are priced based on the higher between the real and voluminous weight.
47. The Operator has the right to determine and to collect additional fees for processing freight or other fees resulting from the specific conditions of delivery (i.e. delivery to certain destinations whit additional requirements for the parcels), as well as, price deductions, which are described in the Operator’s tariff.
48. On demand by the sender the Operator offers << Insured Item >> service, according to which the Operator undertakes the responsibility to compensate the Customer in the event of lost or breakage of a parcel during transportation up to the Insured Item value declared for the parcel.
49. This service is provided for parcels with Insured Items consistent with point 10.1 from the GC. <<Insured Item >> service could be used for parcels containing mobile phones or laptops only when the Customer has the identification number of the mobile phone (imei) or the manufacturing number of the laptop, as well as, declare them. When the parcel contains some other kind of devices, the Operator reserves the right to claim the fabric or other data number when needed.
50. This service is not provided for shipments containing:
50.1. Used items, unless still in warranty;
50.2. Money, credit cards, securities, vauchers, cupons;
50.3. Documents, plans, projects, schematics;
50.4. Audio and video recordings and information, software;
50.5. Works of art, items made of precious metals or gems;
50.6. Vehicles, except for bikes that are still in their factory packaging
51.Using <<Insured Item>> the Operator insures the Customer at the actual sum of the value declared. The operator does not cover indirect or missed claims. For partly damaged parcels, the Operator covers the expenses incurred for the repairs only when a bill or an invoice for the repair service is presented.
52. The Customer is obligated to prove the cost of the damage and/or losses by presenting invoices, customs declarations, sales contracts, protocol issued by the Operator for the damages caused when delivering the parcel, photos and/or other documents depending on the content of the parcel and the Customer’s rights concerning the parcel
53. The Customer must pay additional fee for the << Insured Item >> shown in the Tariff of the Operator
54. Insurance is not paid if there is something that was omitted or intentionally ignored by the Customer and It allowed for the damages to happen.
Rights and Obligations of the Customer
55. The Customers have the right to:
55.1. Have access to information about the present GC, pricing, requirements of the Operator concerning the shape, minimum and maximum dimensions, weight and packaging, as well as addressing the parcels, working days of the Operator, forbidden items and substances, delivery time, deadlines for filing claims, and amounts of compensation;
55.2. Get the service they paid for with no derivation of the conditions mentioned in the way-bill and the General Terms and Conditions; With individual contract – from the conditions in the contract;
55.3. Use preferential prices for services, as well as, to negotiate and signing a contract with the Operator;
55.4. File a claim in cases when a parcel was damaged, lost, destroyed or stolen, as well as, not meeting delivery or <<Pay on delivery>> payment deadlines, and receiving compensations when filing a reasonable claim, in amounts according to the Operator’s judgement
55.5. To cancel a request for a courier service at any time before the parcel is given to the Operator;
55.6. to manage the parcels as they see fit before the moment they are given to the receiver, acting as legal owners. All the expenses concerning the orders are their responsibility.
56. The Customers are required to:
56.1. not to put forbidden or dangerous items that are forbidden or limited for transportation by the legislation in force as described in Section 10 under the Terms and Conditions.
56.2. prepare the shipment in a way that its content, weight, size, form, packing and appearance are in accordance with the present Terms and Conditions and cannot cause damages to the integrity, content or appearance of other parcels carried by the Operator.
56.3. provide full and correct information about the sender, receiver and the contents of the parcel so that the way-bill can be correctly filled in as required by the General Terms and Conditions.
56.4. pay for the courier service (as well as additional ones) as declared in the Tariff of the Operator or as declared in the individual contract as described the Terms and Conditions;
56.5. compensate the Operator for suffered damages due to incomplete or incorrect supplied data, inadequate packaging, delayed or undelivered documents, declarations, or other information as well as unpaid for in time service. The amount claimable is up to the amount of suffered damages.
56.6 Damage done to personnel or equipment of the Operator, or to parcels of other Customers, is covered by the Customer liable for the parcel doing the damage. It is a responsibility of the wrongdoer to compensate the Operator in the amount of damage received and if the damage is to other parcels in the amount of the claims paid by the Operator to the other Customers.
57. A Customer who has an online registration for using the system (self-service module) is inform and accepts the condition that the Operator has the right to send emails to its clients for the purpose of direct marketing and advertising its own services. The Customers have the right, at any time, to deny receiving such messages by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights and Obligations of the Operator
58. The Operator has the right to:
58.1. Demand the shipment to be suitably packed for transportation in accordance to the present GC;
58.2. Not accept parcels containing forbidden for transportation items and substances;
58.3. Deny accepting international shipment that has no customs declaration or other documents, demanded by the applicable customs regualtions or is not consistent with the conditions for maximum weight and minimum and maximum dimensions, mentioned in the present General Conditions
58.4. To receive the announced in the Tariff or the agreed in the individual contract payment for the provided services
58.5 Receive compensation from Customers for damage done by them or their parcels to the Operator or to other parcels transported by the Operator.
58.6. Organize and fulfill the conditions at the discretion of the Operator accepting, processing, redirecting, transporting and delivering shipments, using routes, vehicles, distribution centers, or subcontractors at its discretion as long as this does not lead to any additional charges for the Customer or breach of contract;
58.7. Add packaging or repackage aiming to keep the wholeness of the parcel and its content, as well as, weighting and measuring the parcels and re-calculate the prices when discrepancies are established due to incorrectly declared dimensions by the Customer or due to some other reason responsibility of the Customer. If additional packaging or re-packaging is needed it is at the expense of the Customer. This still keeps the Customer liable for damages caused by insufficient or inappropriate packaging, from the side of the Customer.
59. The operator obliged to:
59.1. Ensure access of all Customers to all services;
59.2. keep the privacy of mail during and after the completion of the service as well as abide the laws governing processing of personal data of Customers;
59.3. have the following readily available and visible: The Terms and Conditions of the contract with individuals, Up to date Price List, Information about locations serviced by the non-universal postal service, requirements for the parameters of packages, work days of the Operator, forbidden and dangerous items for transport, deadlines for filing claims, and the amounts of refund that can be obtained if the claim is valid;
59.4 to provide the services described on the way-bill and in the Terms and Conditions, or if in contract with the Operator - the services stated in the contract.
59.5 to compensate the Customers who suffered losses caused by the Operator as stated in the Terms and Conditions;
59.6. to review and take actions on claims, recommendations and applications from the Customers.
59.7 to inform Customers as soon as possible if some changes concerning services occur which are imposed by judicial bodies or some other conditions out of the scope of competences of the Operator.
Items and Substances Forbidden for Transportation
60. The following items and substances are forbidden for transportation both domestically and internationally:
60.1. Drugs, narcotics, psychotropic, and poisonous substances;
60.2. Weapons, armor, pyrotechnics, explosive, flammable or other dangerous substances or items;
60.3. Immoral items;
60.4. Items and substances that are dangerous for the health of the employees or other individuals or could damage other parcels due to the content of the parcel by itself or inappropriate packaging;
60.5. Religious materials that are forbidden or belong to cults and organizations that are not registrated in the country;
60.6. Movable monuments with no issued permission or certificate;
61. Monetary mediums of exchange and precious metals are not allowed to be sent.
62. International parcels, the ones with Insured Item included, cannot contain items within items besides the ones under article 60 and 61, forbidden by the laws of the destination country.
63. Parcels that contain animals or perishable biological substances, including diagnostic specimens, if the packaging does not meet the requrements specified in the regulations of the Republic of Bulgaria and the applied international acts are not accepted
64. Parcels containing items eligible to special rules are only serviced when the Sender provides the necessary documents for their transportation. It is forbidden the servicing of parcels, national and international, containing excise goods with unpaid revenue tax.
65. If there are suspicions that a parcel may contain a forbidden item or substance, or an item of special nature, the Operator can request to open the parcel and inspect the items. If the request is denied the parcel is not accepted.
66. When there is a reason to believe that the parcel contains forbidden items or substances, or contain items that require specialized means or handling the Operator has the right to stop the delivery of the parcel and to demand a written consent by the sender or the receiver for open the parcel in order to check the content. In denial or absence of response, the Operator notifies the competent authorities in order to receive instructions for following actions.
Claims and Compensations
67. Customers have the right to file claims if the Operator does not keep up the times for delivery of parcels, damages or loses parcels, or if the parcels are stolen or destroyed while in custody of the Operator.
68. Claims towards the Operator can be filed within 6 months after the parcel was received by the Receiver.
69. At the time of delivery the Customer must inspect the contents of the parcel in the presence of the courier. If at the time of delivery is determined that the parcel or the packaging has suffered damage during the processing in custody of the Operator, a written statement is prepared in two identical copies which are signed by the courier and the Customer. In it are described the date and time of delivery, the damage and the eventual reasons for it if available. If the receiver refuses to sign, the courier will write the refusal down. The receiver can file a claim within 6 months of the date of the filing of the written statement, if the Customer believes the Operator liable.
70. The claim is considered properly filed only when all the amounts owed to the Operator are being paid with no delays or deductions
71. The Operator is obliged to study the claim and to provide the results in the period of 1 month for the domestic shipments and 3 months for the international shipments; the period is extended if there is missing information
72. Properly filed claims by the Customer for damaged, destroyed or lost parcel the Operator owes compensation amounting to the following:
72.1. For international shipments using AIR EXPRESS with no Insured Item – compensation up to 100BGN for parcels with accurate proof of the cost of the content and the damage;
72.2. For international shipments using DPD ECONOMY with no Insured Item – compensation up to 100BGN for parcels with accurate proof of the cost of the content and the damage;
72.3 For Palletized parcel with no Insured Item – compensation up to 200BGN for parcels with accurate proof of the cost of the content and the damage;
72.4 For parcels with Insured Item (no matter the service), the compensation amounts to the real value of the damage but not more than the value declared for the Insured Item. In order to proof the real value of the damaged item the Customer must present the needed documents – invoices, customs declarations or other written proof depending on the kind of parcel.
72.5 For all other parcels (services, not included in p.72.1 up to 72.4), including all domestic shipments within the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria and the international parcels from and to Romania and Greece using the service Express Balkans, the compensation amounts to 15BGN.
73. If a valid claim for delayed Cash-on-Delivery is filed by the Customer, the latter is eligible for a refund of up to the worth of the Cash-on-Delivery service stated in the Pricings List.
74. If a claim is valid for a delayed delivery of parcels within Bulgaria the refund is equal to the price of the service, while for international and palletized parcels the refund is equal to 0.1% of the price of the service for each day of delay, but no more than 10 leva (1 day has passed at end of the following day). The liability of the Operator for delayed parcels branded as totally damaged is based on article 72 from the Terms and Conditions.
75. The operator is not liable for every delay or inability for fulfilling its duties, if the fulfillment is being impeded or delayed because of circumstances beyond the reach of the Operator, such as, but not limited to natural phenomena, strikes, riots, and others. The Operator would put an effort to limit inability to fulfill its duties and minimize the damages cause by them
76. The Operator is not liable for the delay or inability for delivery if the reasons are due to unforeseen circumstances (such as hold up at the customs due to formalities, unpaid duties, etc.) In this case the delivery time is automatically increased by the number of days required for the parcel's processing by border authorities.
77. Upon occurrence of a claim concerning parcels with Insured Item, for which the data written in the way-bill provided by the Customer is found to be incorrect the Operator keeps the right not to pay the full amount of the compensation, certified in the presented document by the Customer
78. The payout period on valid claims is 15 days since the date of the issue of final answer by the Operator accepting the claim and stating the claim's value.
Procedures of Setting Disputes
79. Disputes between the Customer and the Operator are decided based on partnership agreement using negotiations and additional agreements. If an agreement cannot be reached each of the parties can request guidance from the Communications Regulation Commission, other competent judicial bodies or the Bulgarian court.
Annex 1 - Delivery Times
Annex 2 - Packaging Instructions